IT Intern - Ixonia
At Ixonia Bank, we pride ourselves on our core values which are evident in our work, how we interact with each other, & how we take care of our customers. We believe every individual counts! Our highly-qualified, driven employees continually strive to give Ixonia Bank customers a personal banking experience. If you are interested in joining the Ixonia Bank team, we invite you to check out opportunities that match your skills and talents. We offer rewarding careers, all within a professional and friendly work environment.
Position Summary: The Information Technology Intern is responsible for assisting in software and network support, troubleshooting, and assisting IT support on a range of computer applications as designated. The IT Intern will work with and report to the IT Manager to assist users and banking personnel with computer and network problems; document and inventory network hardware and configurations; research solutions to network problems and possible options; assist in installing new equipment and updating existing installations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
90% - Responsible for supporting end users and troubleshooting the bank’s computer network, installation, support operating systems, including the installation and maintenance of hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting of PC’s, as needed.
10% - Assists with other related IT duties and computer projects as required to accomplish and meet the business objectives under the direction of the IT Manager.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Competencies)
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Networking, Windows 10/11, Windows Server, and VMware
- PC Troubleshooting Experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding and/or capable of exhibiting an understanding of, and compliance with, applicable federal and state banking laws and regulations as they may relate to banking IT applications.
Education, Experience or Equivalent: -
- High school diploma/GED, required.
- In final year of obtaining or has graduated with an AA/AS degree in computer related field; and/or, BA/BS degree in computer science or related discipline; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position requirements.
Level of Experience:
Relevant IT experience preferred but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
IT/Certification/Microsoft a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)