Credit Analyst - Commercial
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial statement analysis. Analyze financial statements by spreading the statements and preparing a complete credit analysis. This will include gathering financial statements, interpreting the financial data, checking collateral, and writing up the analysis.
- Help maintain commercial loan files.
- Provide accurate information and sound judgments on the credit worthiness of assigned accounts to assist the commercial loan officers.
- Assist officers with documentation, including loan preparation and follow up on documentation exceptions.
- Assists in other areas of the bank on an “as needed” basis.
- Prepare other reports, as needed, for management.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of prior commercial loan analysis experience desired
- Good communication (written, and oral) and analytical skills
- Multitask oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required
- Walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Self confident, motivated with an ability to be flexible
Education, Experience or Equivalent:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, and/or equivalent banking and/or work experience.
Level of Experience/Preferred Skills:
A minimum of 3-5 years of financial analysis and/or working knowledge of collateral instruments (i.e. letter of credit, UCC filings, and personal/corporate guarantees).
Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills; team orientation, familiarity with PC based and banking software programs; familiarity with financial analysis software is a plus. Knowledge of small business and consumer loan policy, federal banking regulations, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities