Cleans rooms and halls in hotels by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans guestrooms, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways.
- Sorts, counts, fold, marks, or carries linens.
- Cleans hotel according to franchise standards and within required timeframes to include but not limited to: stripping and making beds; dusting furniture; washing walls, ceiling, and woodwork; vacuuming, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floor; washing windows, door panels, and sills; emptying wastebaskets, and emptying and cleaning ashtrays; cleaning and vacuuming rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies; and cleaning bathroom sink, toilet and tubs/showers stalls.
- Replenishes supplies such as bathroom necessities, drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Moves furniture, hangs drapes, and rolls carpets to ensure compliance with franchise requirements.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Stocks, organizes, and maintains housekeeping carts and equipment.
- Greets guests in warm, friendly manner.
- Ensures key control and security policies to maintain the guest’s privacy and security of personal belongings when working in guestrooms.
- Use all materials, chemicals and tools safely to avoid injury, waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Communicate with maintenance department regarding room needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read some two- and three syllable words and to recognize similarities/differences between words and numbers. Ability to print and/or to speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to read, write and recognize numbers, comprehend signs and symbols.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals (such as bleach). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat from hot water. The employee is occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens, outside weather conditions (depending on business unit), and a mild risk of electrical shock and occasionally works with works with power equipment such as buffers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACCOMODATION: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.